We choose to work exclusively with SOPHISTICATED INVESTORS and corporate entities, which means a smaller, more focused client base enabling us to spend more time with each investor or entity. This allows us to provide a more personalised, customised service offering to ensure we deliver the best results whether you’re an investor or you come to us to raise funds to get your company or idea to the next level. We choose to meaningfully co-invest with our investment clients wherever possible and focus on transactions which we originate or participate in.
Being a sophisticated investor means you get access to deals that are not available to everyday retail investors. In short, to be a sophisticated investor you need to have made either AUD $250,000 per year gross for the last two financial years, or you need to have an accountant verify that you have assets of at least AUD $2.5 million.
The legal definition of a sophisticated investor is defined under Corporations Regulation 6D.2.03, which in turn is made under the Corporations Act. The rules governing how sophisticated investors can participate in capital raising activities are outlined in s708(8) of the Corporations Act:
- Our investor client base consists of high net worth individuals, ASX listed companies and institutional investors from Australia, Singapore, the UK and North America.
- Our clients receive early access to a variety of investment opportunities not available to the general public.
- Our investment advisors are able to provide higher levels of personalised service because we choose to deal with a select number of high net worth clients.
- If you satisfy the criteria to become a Wholesale/Sophisticated Investor and are interested in becoming a client of Mac Equity Partners, contact one of our investment advisors by clicking here.
- Our corporate clients span both private and publicly listed ASX companies across multiple industries and sectors.
- We work with companies where our team’s experience, capital markets expertise and personal networks add genuine value to the company and ultimately work to benefit its shareholders.
- We spend a considerable amount of time viewing and evaluating investment opportunities in multiple industry sectors and at varying business/commercialisation stages.
- We engage with companies at an early stage in order to guide them to achieve their goal of completing a successful Initial Public Offering (IPO) or trade sale.
A few of the companies we have taken from first capital raise through to IPO are:
If you are interested in meeting with us to become a client or to pitch your investment opportunity to one of our team, make contact here.